Map the Meal Gap cheat sheet: Everything you need to know
March 23, 2011
I’m here in DC, working away getting ready for tomorrow’s release of Feeding America’s Map the Meal Gap research. The energy here is truly inspiring, I can’t wait to observe and be a part of the impact the research will make. I am excited to talk with webcast viewers tomorrow on Twitter and to see everyone’s first reaction to their county, state and national food insecurity numbers.
For those of you joining the webcast or talking about the research in any capacity, we want to make it easy for you to be a fully informed Map the Meal Gap expert. Whether you communicate with your friends and family by email, Facebook, Twitter, your own blog, or even, yes, I’m aware this still happens, by phone, in person or over Skype, please consider this post to be your Map the Meal Gap information cheat sheet.
The Thursday, March 24, 2011 event features Howard G. Buffett, Feeding America President and CEO Vicki Escarra, John Lewis of The Nielsen Company, Craig C. Gundersen lead researcher and representatives of the Feeding America network.
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. EST Map the Meal Gap Press Conference
2:30 – 2:45 p.m. EST Q and A Session post press conference
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. EST Video on Hunger in America
3:00 – 4:30 p.m. EST Map the Meal Gap Summit
The research, Interactive Map and webcast will be available at 2:00 p.m. EST tomorrow, March 24.
All the links, handles and hashtags you need
Share a link to the live webcast
- Using short link: http://bit.ly/gO3A2J
- Use #mealgap on Twitterduring the webcast if you would like to submit a question for the Q & A portion of the event
Share the Feeding America Interactive Map directly
Please use the @ sign before typing Feeding America in your Facebook posts to create a hyperlink to the Feeding America Facebook page.
- Vicki B. Escarra, President and CEO, Feeding America
- Howard G. Buffett, President, Howard G. Buffett Foundation
- John Lewis, President, North America Consumer division, The Nielsen Company
- Twitter: @NielsenWire
- Craig C. Gundersen, Map the Meal Gap lead researcher
- Elaine Waxman, Vice President for Research and Partnerships, Feeding America
- Sharon Thornberry, Community Food Systems Manager, Oregon Food Bank
- Darcy Kelley, Nutrition Programs Manager, Bay Area Food Bank, Mobile, AL
- Zuani Villarreal, Chief Development Officer, San Antonio Food Bank
- Brian Banks, Director of Public Policy & Community Outreach, Capital Area Food Bank in Washington DC
Happy social networking and we’ll see you tomorrow on the webcast!